A common question we have been asked at the moment is, “How often should I apply fungicides containing Stressgard® Formulation Technology?”
As with the application of all products this depends on individual circumstances. Factors such as climate, grass type, growth rate, disease pressure, stress pressure are some of the most important.
Basic guidelines are;
- Applications are best started leading up to the stress period
- Early in the season with reduced stress the application can have a wider interval (e.g. every 3 weeks)
- As stress increases it may become necessary to shorten the application interval (e.g. every 2 weeks)
- Applications on a weekly cycle are done in high pressure periods by some golf courses. These are safe on the turfgrass and we do see positive benefits
- Signature™ Stressgard® will give Pythium protection without being watered in. It can be applied with another foliar fungicide to give complete coverage for all foliar diseases in addition to the Pythium control.
- Reserve® Stressgard is a good tank mix partner to give Stressgard benefits and also valuable for resistance management
- Interface® Stressgard has highly effective broad spectrum foliar activity with excellent safety during peak heat stress periods. It can also be used in standalone applications to help maintain regular Stressgard treatment
Rotation of Signature™ Stressgarg®, Interface® Stressgard and Reserve® Stressgard on a regular frequency will ensure you get the maximum benefits of Stressgard® Formulation Technology.
See this video for an explanation of Stressgard® Formulation Technology
Send an e-mail or photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
MAIN MENU | PREVIOUS POST